：Unit4《Making the news》教案
：unit4《making the news》教案
一. 全模塊教學目標 (teaching aims)
1. 能力目標 (ability aim)
enable the ss to recognize the variety of jobs there are in newspapers and what is needed to work in a newspaper office.
enable the ss to know what is needed to become a reporter and how to conduct an interview.
2.. 語言目標 (language aim)
occupation, update, submit, cover, concentrate on, inform, publish, polish, approve, acquire, accuse…of, so as to, scoop, deadline, depend on, ahead of, assess, demand, process
1) never will zhou yang forget his first assignment at the office of a popular english newspaper.
2) you’ll find your colleagues very eager to assist you, so you may be able to concentrate on photography later if you’re interested .
3) not only am i interested in photography, but i took an amateur course at university to update my skills.
4) only if you ask many questions will you acquire all the information you need to know.
5) we say a good journalist must have a good “nose” for a story.
6) meanwhile you have to prepare the next question depending on what the person says.
7) have you ever had a case where somebody accused your reporters of getting the wrong end of the stick?
8) perhaps i too will get a scoop!
aids: multimedia facilities, tape-recorder, photos, diagrams
二. 教學重難點 (teaching important points)
know what is needed to become a reporter and how to conduct an interview
master the use of inversion.
三. 教學方法 (teaching method)
fast reading; task-based method & discussion
四. 教學步驟 (teaching procedure)
step i check the homework and the recitation etc.
step ii finish off the text of reading on p26 and deal the language points,
vt. (經由努力而) 獲得,學得 <知識、學問等
=to get by one's own efforts:
acquire proficiency in math. 在數學上達到熟練水平
acquire knowledge/ information, etc.
2．have a good nose for sth = have an eye for …/ have an ear for .. 有眼光/ 對..感興趣
she has an ear for music .
a good reporter has a nose for news . 對……嗅覺靈敏
3．assess = make a judgement about a person or situation after thinking carefully about it
4． meanwhile adv = in the meanwhile / in the meantime / at the same time
5． skeptical = a. 懷疑的= tending to doubt or not believe what other people tell you
mary is sceptical about the solution. 瑪麗對這個解決辦法表示懷疑。
my assurances don't satisfy him: he's still sceptical.